Celebration of Life Week, January 1st through the 7th is one of the events and observances sponsored and promoted by the International Society of Friendship and Good Will. It has also been designed as Celebration of Life Month. Celebration of Life Month would be a great time to get healthy or stay healthy, be active and never take life for granted. It’s also a great time to consider the purchase of life insurance. I hope the following tips for the New Year are helpful to you and your family.
Since it’s the start of a new year, it’s a great time to re-evaluate our life and celebrate it also. Making a commitment to healthy eating, and staying active can keep us enjoying life for many years to come. Considering a purchase of life insurance can keep our families enjoying and celebrating life after we are gone. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has some points to consider when you are purchasing life insurance.
- Review your own insurance needs and circumstances. Choose the kind of policy that has benefits that most closely fit your needs.
- Be sure that you can handle premium payments. Can you afford the initial premium? If the premium increases later, and you still need insurance, can you still afford it?
- Don’t sign an insurance application until you review it carefully to be sure all the answers are complete and accurate.
- Don’t buy life insurance unless you intend to stick with your plan. It may be very costly if you quit during the early years of the policy.
- Don’t drop one policy and buy another without a thorough study of the new policy and the one you have now. Replacing your insurance may be costly.
- Read your policy carefully. Ask your agent about anything that is not clear.
- Review your life insurance program every few years to keep up with changes in your income and your needs.
Remember that if you have any questions with your current life insurance policy, if you are considering life insurance for the first time, or if you are considering a new purchase, please don’t hesitate to contact your trusted advisors at Barker, Beck, Collins and Kronauge Agency. We wish you and your family the best of all things in 2014!