Are you thinking about making some improvements to your home this summer? Why not start with your patio! This is a great place to open up so you can have guests, let your children play freely, or sit out and enjoy a cool night. However, before you begin a large project, make sure to notify your Ohio home insurance agent. Doing so will help you alter your policy to your requirements.
Many experts agree that upgrading your outdoor patio is a good project to take on this summer. Also, since June is National Homeownership Month, this gives you more reason to make positive changes to your residence. The month highlights the role homeownership plays in improving lives, creating jobs, and strengthening communities, according to the Ohio Housing Finance Agency. Some tips to improve your patio include:
<img width="348" height="231" style="margin: 5px;" alt="Fotolia_40278121_Subscription_XXL.jpg" src="” />
• Clean and seal your patio in a semigloss or high-gloss finish, which may cost under $100.
• Improve the landscaping around your patio by planting flower beds, shrubbery, and adding mulch. This project will make the patio feel larger, giving it texture and definition.
• Add colorful wind chimes for about $200. Or you can purchase large hanging baskets. Buying four to six should cost about $200.
• Build a water fountain. Buy a water garden with a small pump, and add rocks, pebbles, and wood. This project may cost about $500.
• Build a fire pit. This is an inexpensive way to add character to your patio and to enjoy time outside throughout the year. This may cost less than $500.
• Light up your patio with stylish outdoor solar lighting. This will add personality and ambiance to your outdoor area. This project may cost about $700.
• Create a grill island for entertaining or enjoying a quiet dinner. This project may cost $1,000 and up.
At Barker, Beck, Collins & Kronauge Agency, we hope these helpful tips and ideas inspire you to get started on your project. No matter how big or small the undertaking, construction on your property may alter your Ohio home insurance policy. If you are unsure how a patio redesign will affect your package, you can discuss your questions and concerns with one of our experienced agents. Our goal is to properly protect your home from covered accidents and mishaps with our comprehensive options. We know that you have worked hard to purchase a home, and it is likely one of your biggest investments, so have a policy that can stand up to the quality of your home!